Saturday, April 10, 2010

Letters to Roger Part 2




Today we have a letter to Roger from the year 1940. The author makes sure Roger knows this is not a "letter", but instead a "note". My attention is drawn specifically to the back of the envelope to the lovely wax seal used on the "note". Such lovely penmaniship for a note.

I think this is also the saddest letter I have ever read. It's actually quite heart wrenching. They were married 12 years and she passed on....very tragic. It brings to mind many questions. I hope Bill and Lora are both together and at peace now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many years later and the pain of the news is still concealed in the "note", just an example of the power of words.

Donovan Beeson said...

I knew this was a Canadian letter without having to read the postage or the address because the of the Air Mail label. I had a Canadian friend give me a pack of those same labels last year.


 

blogger templates | Make Money Online